Review this helpful checklist to see if leasing your next vehicle is right for you:
- Leasing a new vehicle at a comparable price to purchasing a pre-owned vehicle is appealing
- I may be able to include more add-on options in my lease vehicle than I might be able to afford if purchasing it
- I prefer a lower biweekly or monthly payment
- I like to drive the latest model every few years
- I drive a predictable amount of kilometers every year every few years
Leasing offers affordable payments with shorter terms and allows you:
- Consider vehicles that have more options
- Trade in your vehicle for the latest model more frequently
- Have peace of mind since most lease terms are within the factory warranty period
Frequently Asked – Vehicle Leasing Questions
What are the benefits of leasing?
- With a lease, payments may be lower than purchasing the same vehicle, since you only pay for the portion of the vehicle you use over the term of the lease. You can consider vehicles that have more options; trade in your vehicle for the latest model more frequently; and, align the lease term to the vehicle warranty period for greater peace of mind.
Does leasing require less money up front?
- The down payment amount for leasing a vehicle varies based on the lease transaction structure and monthly payment you desire, but generally, may be lower than buying.
With a lease, am I protected from possible negative equity?
- With a lease, you avoid the potential risk that your vehicle’s value has declined beyond its projected residual value at the end of your lease term.
What happens at the end of a lease?
- At the end of the term, you have the option to purchase the vehicle or turn it in, subject to the terms outlined in your lease agreement. GM Financial will communicate with you prior to the end of your lease to guide you through the end of lease process.
Is leasing right for me?
- Leasing may not be for everyone, but for many, it’s the right fit. This information is for general information purposes only. For specific limitations, rules and restrictions on any specific financing, contact us today.
XS Wear™ Lease Protection
- Normal wear and tear on a vehicle is expected during the life of a lease. However, excess damages like cracked glass or substantial scratches could end up costing you more at the end of your lease term. Make sure you are protected from excess charges with XS Wear, which provides protection and coverage for most excess wear and tear damages.
Looking to acquire a vehicle without the responsibility of ownership? The Right Lease is the right fit to help your business succeed and is an ideal option for businesses. To speak with one of our knowledgeable Cadillac specialists, please call Carter Cadillac Burnaby (604) 409-8431 or Carter Cadillac Northshore (604) 229-8803 today.